Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Night Walker

IMG_9085

AT LAST!!! Greyson is walking!!! 17 months later and he is walking. The furthest we could get with him was having him walk from me to the couch. Walking in between people was not something he liked to do. Then, this past Sunday we went over to our friends house and I brought some fudge. My friend was determined to see if we could get him to walk in between two people. We pulled out the fudge and started enticing him to walk in between us. It worked. So the next day I was pretty excited to start working with him. However he glared at me and did nothing. That night, all of a sudden, under his terms he just took off. To my amazement he was walking from room to room. No one was at the other end of his path. So the next day I try to get him to walk around again and he looks at me like I'm crazy and stands there and then very purposefully falls and starts crawling. Then that night before we went to bed he starts walking around again. Either this kid finds comfort in the night or he loves driving mommy crazy.

So as you can tell from this, I'm in trouble. This child has managed to find that stubborn streak early. On his terms and conditions will he make milestones. I'm just worried about what his demands will be for talking.

He is our night walker. Not to be confused with a man of the night, if there ever was one. Or that crazy mutant from x men.



9 comments:

Blake and Laura said...

Yay! He's walking but I have to say I did enjoy watching his little bum scoot.

Jacob and Meredith Hammond said...

I'm going to test your fudge for steroids... hahaha

Shelley said...

Yay! My kid is the same way with that stubborn streak! We are both in trouble. Fun to have a new walker though!!!

Chelsea said...

Aren't kids funny?! Cute. Hey, I am so jealous that you are going to see Michael Buble!!! I so wish I could go! You'll have to let me know how it is.

ward family said...

Hip, hip, hooray for Greyson! That is so exciting! Now, put on your seatbelt, because life is going to get even crazier. (You missed Callie's run for the podium during sacrament meeting this week...we're so in trouble!)

B.E.C.L Wall said...

It is so fun to see new pics of your family! I can't believe how grown up all your handsome boys have become. Soon enough you'll be chasing off girls with a stick!

shauntelle said...

hutch, dog don't ask me how i found this but it so fun to see your little family.

Mugs said...

You have a beautiful family, Celeste!

All the Angles said...

Where are all the sweet pictures of that adorable baby girl? :D